Thursday, September 5, 2013

Blog Post #2 - Sites to Consider

Today in class while brainstorming and researching, I came up with what I think would be my best two options for my site visitation.

1. The Study
     - This is currently my number one choice. I would like to explore here because the thought of it has intrigued me since day one here at UK and I have yet to go check it out. I love the idea of students helping students and I feel like this will be an easy place to access since I live in B-Tower. Also, it will be very easy to interview not only a person who works at The Study, but also maybe a student who regularly attends The Study.

2. Green Dot
     - I went into the Green Dot room at the Student Center when they had a booth outside one day and the whole idea interested me. I'm not sure if I could do enough work here to last the whole semester. I'm afraid I would learn what I needed to know too soon and could not expand work throughout the next few months.

1 comment:

  1. Bri,
    I think both of these options are great. The Study is a wonderful space and has an interesting interpersonal dynamic. It would provide a great comparison point against the typical teacher/student dynamic that we think of in colleges. What I don't know is if you can just hang around in there to observe the space in "its natural state" since the meetings might be viewed as confidential between tutors and students. That might be something to find out about before proceeding.

    I definitely think that work at Green Dot could last the whole semester. You might need to expand it out to include the entire Violence Intervention & Prevention Center, but you could highlight what goes on at Green Dot. By singling out this program, you would avoid any complications about possible access as well. Fantastic ideas!

    ReplyDelete