Monday, November 18, 2013

Blog Post #8

In my final paper, I will obviously need to make a lot of revisions considering the fact that I only have half of a paper. I will need to specifically focus on three aspects:

1: My organization of the descriptions of The Study compared to CATS and CARES programs need to be placed differently throughout the paper. As we talked about in our meeting, my paper’s focus is on The Study and that should be described first before going into other details about spaces. My descriptions seem like they can stay the way they are but the paragraphs just need to be moved around a little bit.

2: I need to add multiple more paragraphs where they are needed. I have lots of holes that need to be filled in with extra information and statistics to back up my claim. Included in this, I still need to add my interview information and some more field notes. After I do this, my paper will make a ton more sense and I will also have a COMPLETE paper instead of the 4 pages, not even remotely done, paper that I currently have.


3: My last revision needs to be going through and looking over where things do not quite make sense or can be elaborated on. At the end of one of my paragraphs, I make a claim about the way there could be other life skills received from attending peer tutoring and help session on college campuses. I talk about how there is obvious academic success but I need to make sure I elaborate on the underlying and subconscious factors that can be gained. I know the way that I want to make these points clear, but I need to make sure that these points are made clear to the reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment